Don’t you love to wake up in the morning and listen to the chirping sound of the cute little birds around you? Then why not have birds as pet that will keep on chirping all day long. Options of pets are abundant, but bird lovers know that there’s nothing better and cuter than a sweet little bird…domestic or wild! Although a bird keeper knows how delicate birds are and the amount of specialized care they require for a long term commitment and healthy life.
Therefore, use of different bird supplies helps to support their behaviour, maintenance, environment and nutrition.
Bird Supplies for Behavioural Support:
- In general, birds like to stand on variant surfaces and ladders are an equipment to support their climbing and foot exercising.
- Swings are another exercise provider and behave as a perch site for fun and relaxation.
- The level of inquisitiveness in birds is high and so is their intelligence level. Usages of toys increases their mental stimulation, so having some toys will not only keep them away from boredom but will also increase their level of intelligence. Natural fibre toys are good for single birds.
- In their natural habitat, birds scavenge their food, so altering their food locations will keep birds alert.
Bird supplies For Maintenance Support:
- Birds are very clean in nature and if provisioned properly they’re likely to have a bird bath every day.
- Seed throwing and mess can also be avoided with hooded seed cups.
- Having extra seed cups encourages foraging by altering the food locations.
- Cage litters and cage cleaners are used to clean soiled areas and promotes easy cleaning environment for healthy growth of birds.
- Bird protector prevents lice and mice from spreading any type of infestation. The parasites can enter from other pets, clothing and open windows.
- Wet wood fosters bacterial growth that can hamper bird’s health, so use perch scrapers to clean wood.
- Buy books to gather expert knowledge regarding breeding, caring, fooding and training.
Bird supplies For Environmental Support:
- A cage needs to be big enough to exercise their wings without hitting the bars. Strength and bar spacing are important too. And placement of the cage in a proper position enhances safe environment for the bird.
- Birds are social in nature and like to spend time with member of the family. To match this condition playpen are an easy go-through to join family throughout the home and also stabilizes metal stimulation.
- Cage stands keep the bird away from other pets an out of cool drafts.
- For proper rest, bird needs a quiet and calm surrounding, which can be easily achieved with cage cover.
- Nests are available for bird cage for laying eggs and sheltering their young ones.
Bird supplies for Nutritional Balance Support:
- Learn about proper diet as with age and size, the eating habits keep on changing.
- Understand their nutritional requirement and add when you think forage can be good for assorted treats, add separate seed cups.
- Grits and gravel ingestion help grind food in bird’s gizzard.
- Spray millet is a natural food that is easy to eat for stressed, young, and weaning birds.
- During environmental change, stress aid can maintain their health condition and replaces naturally occurring intestinal bacteria.
- Mineral block and cuttlebone are best source of iodine and calcium for skeletal growth and trimmed beaks.
- Vitamins are important in all stages of life, especially the young ones for proper growth and providing the birds with powdered vitamins is the most effective way to ensure proper nutrition.
Before bringing a bird into your life and home, going through a small investigation and research process can help learn the details regarding birds as pet. Since owning a bird requires you to provide them a balanced life for proper growth and get the best bird supplies. Be careful when you add a bird to the household, be with them forever!