The trend started with the movie, Home Alone! Though from what people considered it as a “Thieves Welcome” door, no, in reality, it’s a newfound freedom for the cute little four-legged pet. The blog will give a brief idea on the points to purchase perfect pet doors for your feline or canine companions.
Options of Pet Doors in Sydney
1. Glass Door Panel:
If your priority is to enhance the convenience, comfort and safety level of your pet companions, then check on different types of glass doors made up of laminated glass, float glass, and safety/toughen glass for a happy time. These are good for sliding doors and windows that don’t interfere in the sliding. Being transparent, it also helps in peeking out whenever they want to and sometimes you too can have the fun!
2. French Door Panel:
Are you worried about changing your French door for the pet? No to fret, the pet door experts have an amazing option for your french doors too. The experts find the suitable pet door for installation and you won’t be able to recognize that there is a pet door on the French door. French door glass panels available in different shapes and sizes prioritize your pet’s safety and ease while erecting the door.
3. Timber Door Panel:
The panels for timber pet doors in Sydney can ensure you to relax confidently in the comfort of your pets especially the dogs and cats. On leaving your pet unleashed and closed in a room could be stressful. Let your dog be free to ramble with timber door panel installation and the home be in a good condition!
4. Screen Door:
It is the easiest and the finest pet door option. It’s a perfect addition to modern homes that have gained a common sight, which keeps the cat and dog at its zone and fills a certain class in the ambiance and it helps in balancing the neatness of the house. The screen doors are made for impeccable experiences that’ll help your dog boosts a greater sense of belonging.
Installation Tips for Pet Doors
After knowing about the basic model, it’s time to figure out location, materials, and installation mode.
- Wall or Door Installation: Think of the best place to conceal dog door or cat door from people’s eye. You can get a kit or call experts to help install the pet door into the walls or on the doors.
- Plastic or Metal Frame: If the size of your dog is small, plastic is fine, but as we know big dogs are prone to breaking things so soft material won’t work. If the size grows or you have a big doggy, with time upgrade to a solid aluminum frame for durability and safety.
- Sliding Glass Inserts: If you think the above one, affect the resale value, spring-loaded sliding glass and eventually it’s a door that can be taken with you.
Remember No Size Fits All
Before proceeding with the installation of the pet panel at home, measure the wall or door and start cutting and not to forget to measure the size of the most important thing: your dog!
- Width: The best door will be the one that is structured to be at least two inches wider than the broader part (shoulders or hips) of the body.
- Height: Just like the width, measure the shoulder height and add extra two inches for an easy movement as the dog ducks their head to open the door or flap.
- Age: If you are ready to install in the early stage of your dog, consider the upper-end average for the breed and proceed accordingly.
- Multiple pets: If you are ready to entertain all your pets, place it high enough for the tallest and low enough for the smallest.
After all these important instruction on pet doors in Sydney, the last point is to keep in mind the intruder concerns. Make it secure enough to keep away intruding of animal and kid, efficient enough to maintain the energy balance, and train your pets well to use the pet doors efficiently!